Yonex Voltric Z Force 2 Review
- It’s a head-heavy racket, which means it will provide you ample power for playing aggressive shots. A head-heavy racket also helps to play the perfect back of the court shots.
- This one is a very stiff racket, which means you will also get reasonable control from this option.
- It’s handy for both single and doubles games.
- This is a perfect model for playing big smashes and powerplay.
- The isometric head shape offers a larger sweet spot. That means it’s more forgiving for the miss-hits.
- It’s pretty easy to maneuver.
- Aerodynamic frame allows you to cut through the air effortlessly.
- It offers ultra-fast and smooth swings.
- Gives tremendous power for outstanding shots.
- Maneuverability is incredible.
- It’s reasonably priced.
- This racket has a bit of a compact frame compared to other standard size frames. That’s why it might not suit everyone.
- This is more like an advanced racket. Intermediate players might not feel good with this one, I believe.
- The sweet spot of the Voltric Z Force II is harder to hit. More so, gaining control can be difficult at high speed.
- Editor’s Rating: 4.5/5.
- Weight: 4U (Ave.83g), 3U (Ave.88g).
- Balance: Head-heavy.
- Shaft flexibility: Extra Stiff.
- Head shape: Isometric.
- String tension: 4U 20-27 lbs, 3U 20-28 lbs.
- Grip size: G4/G5.
- Material: Frame: H.M. Graphite, Sound Filter, NANOMETRIC, Tungsten; Shaft: H.M. Graphite, EX-HMG, NANOMETRIC.
- Suitable For: Best for Advanced Players Intermediate also can play.
Out of many other famous rackets from Yonex, this Voltric Z Force II is one of the widely accepted badminton rackets around the world. Not only in the USA or UK, but it is also a popular one in other continents like Asia, Australia, and Africa.
As this is a head-heavy option and at the same time, it’s a stiff racket, therefore, you are going to get the right combination of power and control together.
This version of the Voltric Z Force improved the Tri voltage system that ensures more power than before and fast handling.
The Tungsten infused grommet increases the impact of power. The tips of the grommet are inside the frame that eventually minimizes the air resistance.
This is probably the thinnest shaft Yonex has ever produced, which increases the restoration by at least 25%. It is one of the reasons for increased power too.
You have both 4U (G4 grip style) and 3U (G4 grip style) version of this racket. So, go for the weight you like most.
It lacks the solid feel a bit from the stringbed, though.
If you got the proper technique and strong arms, then this racket is the best bet for you.
As I said, as an intermediate player, you might not like this racket too much. But if you are an advanced player then don’t look for any other options.
However, no matter what level of player you are, once you get used to this racket, you will fall in love with this model for sure.