Yonex Nanoray Z Speed Badminton Racket Review!
- It’s a 3U G4 style racket. So, it’s not that heavy for the likings of intermediate and advanced players.
- The smaller head shape provides better aerodynamics.
- The isometric head and horizontal A concept offer enlarged sweet spot.
- It’s an evenly balanced racket to slightly head-heavy and offers significant head acceleration.
- This Nanoray Z speed offers effortless clears and good power for smashing.
- It’s comfortable for your hand.
- Excellent for the back of the court shots.
- I must admire the aesthetic beauty of this racket.
- You may encounter occasional miss-hits due to the small head frame.
- The price could have been better. It’s not too high, though.
- Editor’s Rating: 4.5/5.
- Weight: 3U (Ave.88g), 2U (Ave.93g).
- Balance: Even balanced.
- Shaft flexibility: Extra Stiff.
- Head shape: Isometric.
- String tension: 3U 20-27 lbs, 2U 20-28 lbs.
- Grip size: G4/G5.
- Suitable For: Intermediate&Advanced Players.
- Material: Frame: H.M. Graphite, SONIC METAL, EX-HMG; Shaft: H.M. Graphite, NANOMETRIC, X-FULLERENE.
Yonex released this Nanoray Z speed in 2013. Since then, it has been gaining attention from the attacking players with its power and speed.
A good number of elite players of badminton played with this racket and satisfied with the performance of this model.
The latest version of this model that came in 2017 is a lime green based with black detailing racket.
Of course, I like this visual. To me, it looks more sporty. But it entirely depends on your personal preference. I heard some people don’t like it and think this color combination makes it look even cheaper.
This very Nanoray Z speed racket is very responsive in flat exchange and super handy racket for returning smashes.
Regarding control, Nanoray Z speed provides excellent control. You should be able to play net and drop shots accurately.
This racket gives a solid feel and pretty comfortable to hand with minimal vibration.
Normal clears, pressure clears, and punch clears; you can do all these with ease using this model.
Drive shots and returning smashes are fun playing with this weapon too.
As a whole, this one is an excellent powerful racket that provides a lot of fun to the smashers.
It’s fast. Therefore, you won’t need too much time to take momentum.
The price is ok but could have been better. If quality and performance are something you don’t want to sacrifice at all, then the price shouldn’t hurt you.
Overall, this one is a perfect option for both aggressive and defensive shots and I’ve also mentioned some great options for you on my website like Yonex Duora 10, Arcsaber 11, Arcsaber 10, Astrox 77, DUORA Z Strike, etc.