Yonex Nanoray 20 Review
- It offers a fantastic response to the shuttle.
- A head-light racket, so it’s an ideal one for doubles (not bad for singles either). A beginner will enjoy a head-light racket, too, as it provides reasonable control.
- A flexible racket, which is another ideal feature for a beginner. More on this later.
- Yonex Nanoray 20 is a strong but lightweight(3U) racket. 3U and 4U is considered to be the perfect weight for a beginner racket.
- Easy to handle and maneuver.
- It helps you to cut through the air in no time.
- Another isometric head-shaped racket. It will provide you a larger sweet spot.
- Built-in T-joint and one-piece construction makes this racket a stable one and helps to improve the precision of the shots.
- Had it made of carbon fiber material, it would have been more suitable for a beginner.
- Editor’s Rating: 4.5/5.
- Weight: 3U (ave.88g).
- Balance: Head-light.
- Shaft flexibility: Hi-flex.
- Head shape: Isometric.
- String tension: 19 lbs – 24 lbs.
- Grip size: G4.
- Material: Frame: Graphite – Shaft: Graphite/Nanomesh.
- Suitable For: Beginners.
Is this racket flexible or stiff? – It’s flexible. As I said, this is another critical feature that helps a beginner.
A flexible racket offers more power than its stiff counterpart. That means it can add extra power with the energy you give during your shot. Therefore, it helps a beginner to play powerful shots.
This racket is crafted with some of the latest technologies.
A control support cap is one of them. It boosts your ability for high speed playing by offering a better grip. It creates an 80% wider flat surface than any standard racket that eventually helps you to generate fast swing.
Nanomesh + carbon nanotube is another estate of the art technology embedded in this racket. It helps to increase the strength, impact strength within the racket, and impulse power.
The Aero-box Variframe is another technology I must not forget to mention.
It helps in minimizing the air resistance and increase the airflow across the curved surface. Consequently, you will get more speed and power to your shots.
I believe this is the most underrated racket.
The price could have been better. But, I’m NOT considering it as a big no-no.
Because it excels in quality and you are going to buy from a famous brand here.
Altogether, Yonex Nanoray 20 is a solid badminton racket for beginners. An advanced player should not buy this, though.