Yonex Astrox 77 Review
- You have two color combinations to choose from, and both the color combinations look good to me.
- It has a stiff frame, so you are getting adequate control from this model.
- Yonex Astrox 77 is a relatively quick weapon.
- It’s swift around the net area.
- It performs well in both defense and offense.
- This model comes with a high-quality cover.
- Yonex Astrox 77 is easy on your forearm and wrist.
- It gives a solid feel to the advanced and intermediate players.
- It’s an ideal option for long rallies.
- This model is moderately priced.
- This racket doesn’t provide too much power assistance as per my expectations.
- It lacks in feel a bit compared to other high-end rackets.
- Editor’s Rating: 5/5.
- Weight: 4U (Ave.83g), 3U (Ave.88g)
- Balance: Even balance.
- Shaft flexibility: Medium flex.
- Head shape: Isometric.
- String tension: 4U 20-28 lbs, 3U 21-29 lbs
- Grip size: G4/G5
- Material: Frame: H.M. GRAPHITE/NANOMETRIC/Tungsten; Shaft: H.M. GRAPHITE/Namd.
- Suitable For: Intermediate&Advanced Players.
Yonex Astrox 77 is the perfect weapon for the steep attack, and it was released by Yonex in 2017.
It’s a 4U G4 style racket. 4U is a pretty lightweight racket, and G4 is a substantially big grip for your comfort. Of course, you still need to add extra grip if you are keen on G5 grip. You can buy the 3U version too. But I’m reviewing the 4U here.
It allows the string tension from 20 lbs up to 28 lbs for 4U, which is suitable for both intermediate and advanced players.
A new type of graphite material, ‘Namd,’ was used to make this model. Namd distributes the weight throughout the grip end, joint, and all the way to the frame top. Eventually, you are going to get reasonable control.
The Solid Feel Core technology is also installed in this racket that cuts out the excess vibration, which is quite necessary to get a comfortable feel. It reduces the chance of wrist injury too.
This racquet is best when it’s about playing around the nets. It’s good for drop shots, smashes too.
Despite a couple of hiccups, I still believe Yonex Astrox 77 is a solid all-rounder racket for an intermediate or an advanced player. The price is ok too. You won’t regret buying this model.
It’s suitable for doubles as it provides excellent swing support. On the other hand, it’s ideal for singles too as it’s a lightweight option, which so many players look for their singles games.